Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin having performance issues while running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Youliga

Recently I have been experiencing performance issues, mainly while playing the game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Essentially what the issue is that around 25% of the time when I am playing, the game runs smoothly at 30 fps, the other 75% of the time it goes crashing down to as low as 18 fps in the worst case scenario.

I do not believe it has anything to do with my PC itself, as my specs are quite high end (They are listed on my profile, but I can give a dxdiag list). I believe it may have something to do with my config and settings within the emulator, so if someone would like to point out if there's any problem there, feel free to do so.

SIDE NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE CHEATS ENABLED AND HYRULE FIELD SPEED HACK IS ENABLED
For Twilight Princess, you can turn on Graphics > Hacks > Store EFB Copies to Texture Only, since this game doesn't have anything that relies on it being off. If that doesn't help enough, I suggest turning down some of the enhancements.
And use latest dev build. 8000+ fixes have been merged since 5.0.