Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Another Dolphin Black Screen Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

greenbeanfling

So I'll firstly admit that this isn't the first time I've encountered this problem. It actually happened last year when I first started using dolphin, though unfortunately I've forgotten what build I was using at the time.

Anyways, the problem is that when trying to boot up ANY of my ISOs, Instead of the game I get a completely black screen that freezes almost instantly at anywhere between 0 and 30 fps.

Due to the fact that this will happen out of nowhere leads me to believe that I haven't ripped anything incorrectly, and even re-ripping them didn't seem to solve the issue. I've done everything from just restarting my computer to redownloading dolphin, and the first time this happened it just seemed to fix itself while I was at work.

I'm using all of dolphin's default settings for revision 5.0, with cheats disabled. My specs are in the attachments, as well as a picture of the issue.
(06-17-2018, 06:58 PM)greenbeanfling Wrote: [ -> ]So I'll firstly admit that this isn't the first time I've encountered this problem. It actually happened last year when I first started using dolphin, though unfortunately I've forgotten what build I was using at the time.

Anyways, the problem is that when trying to boot up ANY of my ISOs, Instead of the game I get a completely black screen that freezes almost instantly at anywhere between 0 and 30 fps.

Due to the fact that this will happen out of nowhere leads me to believe that I haven't ripped anything incorrectly, and even re-ripping them didn't seem to solve the issue. I've done everything from just restarting my computer to redownloading dolphin, and the first time this happened it just seemed to fix itself while I was at work.

I'm using all of dolphin's default settings for revision 5.0, with cheats disabled. My specs are in the attachments, as well as a picture of the issue.

Try the most recent dev build to see if it still happens. There are a lot of nice new features since 5.0 anyway.

greenbeanfling

(06-17-2018, 08:10 PM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Try the most recent dev build to see if it still happens. There are a lot of nice new features since 5.0 anyway.

I just now downloaded and ran the most recent dev build ([color=#333333]5.0-8138), and I'm getting the exact same problem.[/color]
Intel graphics have a lot of issues with Dolphin, try making sure that you have the latest drivers for that device.
Not really? Intel is fine.
(06-18-2018, 02:44 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Not really? Intel is fine.

Including old ones like that HD 4000? I seem to remember there being a lot of issues with dolphin on those gpus, has that been fixed since last time I checked?

greenbeanfling

(06-18-2018, 02:51 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Including old ones like that HD 4000? I seem to remember there being a lot of issues with dolphin on those gpus, has that been fixed since last time I checked?

Latest drivers are installed, I like to keep everything as up to date as possible on my old lady
They're slow, but they're fine.