Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin black screen after windows update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the last big windows update that was rolled out this week, Dolphin doesn't work anymore, every game crashes with a black screen on startup, and I have to use the task manager to stop Dolphin.
I updated Dolphin to the last dev version, reinstalled my display drivers, tried all the video modes, all the gamepad mode, tried dolphinWx, nothing works.
It was working perfectly before the windows update, so I guess it broke something...
Does anybody else encounter the same issue?
Ok I found the issue, apparently the wasapi mode doesn't work, it works with other sound drivers.
Now I have to figure out why wasapi stopped working with the windows update...
What Windows build is this? If I have it I can check really quick
It's Windows 10 1803 "Springs Fall Creators" update Smile
Sorry, works fine on my machine. Sounds like a system configuration issue.
Thanks for your help, I found the problem the problem, somehow the Windows update broke the wasapi driver of my sound card, I just reinstalled the drivers and everything work fine again Big Grin
(06-17-2018, 01:19 AM)Stremon Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help, I found the problem the problem, somehow the Windows update broke the wasapi driver of my sound card, I just reinstalled the drivers and everything work fine again Big Grin

I am having this issue too, can you tell me how to reinstall the drivers? I have no idea how too. I have a GTX 750 ti if that helps.
what sound card do you have and what sound output are you using?