Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird and unresponsive controller movement registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CSydRafferty

Good evening my guys,
I know this is probably getting thrown around a lot here and I gotta admit that I quite got a lot of error sources but I'm really frustrated and hope someone can help out.

All my peripherals I needed arrived today and I had to deal with some connectivity issues I got sorted out now though, as it seems. I'm still unhappy with the "result" because controller movements are kind of messed up and really unsatisfying. I only played Wii Sports Resort (because that's all I wanna play right now kinda) so far, but a good example would be Golf from WSR: I'd barely move my arm and my Mii would raise his club all the way up, it's hard to get it back in a calibrated position and it's really unresponsive sometimes. I know this happens with OEM hardware on a original Wii as well sometimes, but not on that level - it's really unplayable sometimes. Exact equipment I'm using is this:

- 3rd Party Dongle: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Motion-Plus-Remo...2749.l2649
- 3rd Party Sensor Bar: https://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-Infrared-Sen...2749.l2649
- Bluetooth Dongle: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01N036...UTF8&psc=1

I know that's a lot of 3rd party and it's hard to determine the true manufacturers in order to able to compare experiences. I thought about this quite a lot but can't decide what could be the biggest error source here - my guess is the controller. Luckily, I have the possibility of testing a original one at the weekend, but I'd still love to hear some other opinions about this until there. Confusing to me is that a lot of people seem to be really happy with 3rd party controllers in the ratings at Amazon and eBay, but they're most likely using it on a original Wii anyway. Then the sensor bar - cmon, it's two IR lights, can you really mess that up? I'm very unsure about the Bluetooth Dongle as well (like if it really could be the problem).

One thing I couldn't test today was the passthrough mode - I'm gonna do so tomorrow. Not having too much hope since what I get from the Wiki it's fixing connectivity issues, not performance ones. Unfortunately, I also don't have fresh AA-batteries right now - also gonna fix that tomorrow (2AM here right now), just to be on the safe side. Got a charger but no chargeable battieres sadly. About which things I tried to fix the problem already was mostly trying out different sensor bar positions, once having it almost on the ground and once having it on stomache-height (I don't own a TV but play on a projector, so no TV to clip it on) but that didn't fix a lot. I tried recalibrating the Wiimote in-game regularly but that didn't fix stuff as well and yeah.. now I'm stuck at this point, pretty much. Someone probably gathered more experience than me in that field already and can hopefully share it here - Thanks in advance to everyone who's doing so. Smile

I'm running Dolphin on the latest dev build right now which is 5.0-8108 x86. I'm on Windows 10 and got a rig consisting of an Intel i5 4460, NVIDIA GTX 970 STRIX and 12 GB's of RAM. Don't hold me at gunpoint for this but I'm using the default Windows Bluetooth drivers since the one's from my manufacturer didn't work at all and because I got the connection itself working flawlessly with these for now. Toshiba Stack is obsolete in Windows 10 from what I have seen and heard, I couldn't find a W10-version so far. As I said, glad for any help!

Cheers!
CSyd