Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fast Depth Calculation causes issues in Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Models pop in and out, much like shader stutter, except without the freezing.

https://streamable.com/ui58f

This is not mentioned on the wiki page, nor is the hack disabled by the game's defualt INI. Not sure if this is a newer thing, as I remember playing the game some time ago without issue, and I think I had fast depth calc turned on at the time.
I don't have this issue at all with fast depth. You should check if it's a regression using the bisecting tool, since I'm a couple hundred builds behind what you showed.
... Or, if you´re using Async Shader Compilation (Skip Drawing mode).
(06-13-2018, 11:06 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]... Or, if you´re using Async Shader Compilation (Skip Drawing mode).

I'm using Asynchronous (Ubershaders), but the problem persists with Synchronous shaders as well.
(06-13-2018, 04:35 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have this issue at all with fast depth. You should check if it's a regression using the bisecting tool, since I'm a couple hundred builds behind what you showed.

Okay so, after testing a good 30 builds (spaced out at first, then sequential when I got close to the build I was using, 8070), I couldn't replicate the issue. So I redownloaded 8070, and couldn't get it to happen with default settings, OR by matching my build's settings. THEN I couldn't get it to happen in my build either.

I have no idea what caused this, but I cannot get the flickering to occur anymore, despite my only changes being disabling and reenabling the 2 codes I have active for the game (widescreen hack and inverted controls). Which I did try before as well, along with clearing the shader cache.