Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to change Super Mario Sunshine's sound files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JoeBfLyinn

I specifically want to change marios jumping sounds, it's a joke my friend and I have - we want to change the sound from the default jumps to something we voice over in a silly matter, and play the entire game as such without laughing, etc.

How would I go about that?
As far as I've found, it's hard.
I've been told to use WiiScrubber, GCR, and other various programs, but these forums i read about where someone suggested such things were all without any actual tutorial.

So I am left completely clueless to how to achieve specifically what I wanted.
I've found that Super mario sunshine uses sound files known as AW? Or maybe I just cannot see past the filesystem, again I am inexperienced.

But I can follow instruction well. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this Audio file replace import idea?
I know nothing is impossible.
(06-11-2018, 09:23 AM)JoeBfLyinn Wrote: [ -> ]
I specifically want to change marios jumping sounds, it's a joke my friend and I have - we want to change the sound from the default jumps to something we voice over in a silly matter, and play the entire game as such without laughing, etc.

How would I go about that?
As far as I've found, it's hard.
I've been told to use WiiScrubber, GCR, and other various programs, but these forums i read about where someone suggested such things were all without any actual tutorial.

So I am left completely clueless to how to achieve specifically what I wanted.
I've found that Super mario sunshine uses sound files known as AW? Or maybe I just cannot see past the filesystem, again I am inexperienced.

But I can follow instruction well. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this Audio file replace import idea?
I know nothing is impossible.

Somethings are neigh impossible though. There are a lot of games that use a proprietary compression format or audiocodec which hasn't been decrypted yet. I don't know if SMS is one of those but I can imagine it being one.

JoeBfLyinn

(06-11-2018, 04:24 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Somethings are neigh impossible though. There are a lot of games that use a proprietary compression format or audiocodec which hasn't been decrypted yet. I don't know if SMS is one of those but I can imagine it being one.

Well I really hope someone else has better news.
You could write a program that looks that the button presses on your controller, and when you hit jump it plays a noise. It just wouldn't be in Dolphin

JoeBfLyinn

(06-12-2018, 06:20 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You could write a program that looks that the button presses on your controller, and when you hit jump it plays a noise. It just wouldn't be in Dolphin

I just really want to be able to change the specific sound files, and I cannot write code. 
I think someone will know how to change GameCube sound files / know how to edit game files, why wouldnt there be a method to do this by now? 
(06-11-2018, 04:24 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Somethings are neigh impossible though. There are a lot of games that use a proprietary compression format or audiocodec which hasn't been decrypted yet. I don't know if SMS is one of those but I can imagine it being one.

Because this. Each game is different
Maybe you can ask the guys who made these how they changed the sounds:

https://youtu.be/RetlVEeJ1uk
I happen to know about the format this game uses for sounds. It's a sequenced format called BMS that Nintendo uses for a lot of first-party games. However, I've only ever experimented with extracting sounds, not re-inserting them; if you're looking for people who know a lot about hacking video game music, I recommend looking over at the hcs64 forums.

JoeBfLyinn

(06-12-2018, 03:11 PM)Blacknite08 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can ask the guys who made these how they changed the sounds:

https://youtu.be/RetlVEeJ1uk
Oh wow.. so there is hope after all. I need this, seriously. 

any ideas what tools they use?