Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic Adventure 1-2 are laggy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

camjam1130

Hello, I'm new. Downloaded Dolphin not long ago, and games have been running well for the most part. However, playing the games mentioned above have not been running as smooth as they should have been. They seem to run well at first, but later becomes choppy and slows down. Can't run openGL, so I'm using Direct3D 11. I also have "duel core enabled" disabled because that apparently crashes these types of games.
Any suggestions? Huh
Use latest dev build. It´s on top of the Download page.

camjam1130

(06-08-2018, 03:44 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Use latest dev build. It´s on top of the Download page.

That almost worked. Still a bit laggy. Maybe I need a new graphics card?
Have you checked your temperatures?

camjam1130

(06-08-2018, 05:58 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked your temperatures?

Temperatures? How do I do that?
You can download a program called Core Temp and it'll show you what temperature your CPU is running at.

camjam1130

(06-08-2018, 10:18 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You can download a program called Core Temp and it'll show you what temperature your CPU is running at.

Downloaded Core Temp, and both cores are at 40 Degrees Celsius. Would this have something to do with Dual Core not running?  (Because that's happening to)
It's too slow because you have a low clocked (albeit modern) CPU and are not using Dual Core mode.

You are correct that there is a crash in Sonic Adventure 2 battle if you have dual core mode on. What you can try is only turning off dual core mode in Route 101, where we know for certain theres a dual core related crash. And turn it back on everywhere else.

You can set this specifically for SA2 in the game properties window (right click on the game in the gamelist)

Other than that, there's nothing else you can do.