Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Support for MacOS Mojave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Priva28

Hello, I recently installed the first beta of MacOS 10.14 Mojave and unfortunately Dolphin is now unusable. It runs at about 4 fps and 7% speed, the sound is also very messed up. Usually on High Sierra it runs ok at about 30fps and full speed. I am running the latest version of Dolphin and tried putting on the lowest graphics settings. I am assuming this is something to do with Apple deprecating OpenGL. I understand that this is not your fault in any way but want to know if a Metal version of Dolphin is in the works. It's disappointing that I can't run the latest version of MacOS and use Dolphin. Maybe I'm wrong as I thought OpenGL would still be usable but just not supported, maybe it's a simple fix.

Thanks
(06-07-2018, 09:00 AM)Priva28 Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming this is something to do with Apple deprecating OpenGL.

Nope, Apple hasn't changed anything in GL. They haven't for years and years. The GL thing the internet has their titties in a twist over is just writing on the wall for years. Wink

Anyways, it's possible this is the OS not properly setting clock speed, or thermal throttling, or you have two GPUs and the GL context is being rendered on the wrong one. Lots of possible problems that is difficult to diagnose unless a developer installs the beta and investigates.

Sorry. 

Priva28

Thats all good. I guess there's always something about installing a beta. If there's anything I could do I would be happy to help but I don't have much experience in developing. I also thought that I would like to add that it sometimes tells me that my device does not support ARB_buffer_storage and that my performance will be terrible. Is there a way to fix this.
Nope, theres no way to fix that, and yep. performance will be terrible.
What build is the beta using?

Clicking the version in the "about this mac" window should give a version code - it'll probably look like "18A999" (with other numbers, ofc).

And doing performance tests with prerelease stuff is always difficult - they often enable debug modes and other things that can significantly impact performance.

Priva28

(06-07-2018, 11:22 AM)JonnyH Wrote: [ -> ]What build is the beta using?

Clicking the version in the "about this mac" window should give a version code - it'll probably look like "18A999" (with other numbers, ofc).

And doing performance tests with prerelease stuff is always difficult - they often enable debug modes and other things that can significantly impact performance.

My build is 18A293u
So I reproduced a complete deadlock (IE emulation /completely/ stops) when the window is selected, but runs fine when it's not the currently select window (clicking on any other window lets it continue). And then it seems to be stuck in some input handling code, nothing graphics/opengl related.

I guess this isn't the same as you reported?

I also guess why this is a "preview" rather than a release OS....

Priva28

This is the same issue that I have. When I am in the window everything I reported above happens. Mine actually runs though at about 4 FPS. And when I go out of the window I can see the FPS jump up and the music play fine. I don’t know too much about this stuff so I assumed it was a graphics issue especially since it gives me a ARB_buffer_storage issue.