Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: Crash [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

greenfish22

Hi!

First time using the forums. And second time using the emulator. So excuse my ignorance.

I've just finished the 1st metroid and the difference between the last time I played (2015) is insane.

Anywas on to the 2nd metroid echoes. Right in temple grounds when you go onboard the ship for the map updater the game crashes. I've tried native mode, 4k, 2k, and using vulkan instead of d3d11 no difference. The problem is that this area is full of forced cutscenes so it's a major pain trying different settings and view the outcome. Also the save state after the crash doesn't work.

Using 5.0-7953

Problem: complete crash after map room (temple grounds)
Problem #2: black bar, dot in the middle.

According to your wiki i'm suppose to use hybrid xfx to fix the black bar problem, can't find xfx hybrid option.

Also tried running the game in single cpu mode, but that makes it unplayable due to lag.

[Image: IqWaup7.png]

EDIT: I'm normally using directx11 but tried vulkan to see if there were any difference, otherwise the settings are all the same.

Let me know anything else you require, I really wish to beat the trilogy once and for all.

Thank you

EDIT: SOLVED using DJBarry004 answer
Quote:Hybrid XFB is in the Hacks section (XFB Copies to Texture only). Unmark that to make it use copies to Texture and RAM instead.
Disable widescreen hack. You don´t need it.

Hybrid XFB is in the Hacks section (XFB Copies to Texture only). Unmark that to make it use copies to Texture and RAM instead.

EDIT: You didn´t specify if you´re using the GC or Wii version. Also, that spot in the center can only be fixed by using native IR.

greenfish22

(06-07-2018, 08:04 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Disable widescreen hack. You don´t need it.

Hybrid XFB is in the Hacks section (XFB Copies to Texture only). Unmark that to make it use copies to Texture and RAM instead.

EDIT: You didn´t specify if you´re using the GC or Wii version. Also, that spot in the center can only be fixed by using native IR.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'm using the wii version. Followed your settings got past the map room only for the game to freeze a few feet away from the map room.

This picture is taken a few feet outside of the room. Before the game froze inside the map room.

[Image: ca3fH7x.jpg]
Using save states is also known to cause problems. You should be using normal saves instead.
The dot in the middle of the screen is just a consequence of how the game renders. A hack could probably remove it, but, it's actually there on console. Just invisible due to the resolution.

We really need more information on the crash.

greenfish22

(06-07-2018, 09:13 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Using save states is also known to cause problems. You should be using normal saves instead.

(06-07-2018, 09:38 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The dot in the middle of the screen is just a consequence of how the game renders.  A hack could probably remove it, but, it's actually there on console.  Just invisible due to the resolution.

We really need more information on the crash.

I removed the dolphin folder and every other traces of the application. Then I re-applied the settings you mentioned DJBarry004 and voila no more crashing Smile

Just for fun I tried enabling the setting and yes the game crashes. So now i'm gonna play it using hybrid xfb. Gracias for the explanation regarding the dot JMC47!

Thanks for the help guys and much kudos for making this excellent emulator.