Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: why so many BUILD sources!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,

just wondering what are the diffrence between the different builds?
Because the project is being developed by so many different people. One person makes an update to the code, he posts it. Then someone else updates that. Then someone else updates that. The SVN isn't really for consumer use. Wink
correct me if I am wrong,

If I wanted the best of everything then i need to wait for the emu team release?
well, the official releases are mostly done with highest possible compatibility and stability in mind, I guess...but I rather like to fiddle around with them daily revs ^^
there hasn't been an official release in years lol and actually the svn builds are better then the unofficial most of the time i mean look at the last release it was released at a horrible time in development
I found sometimes the svn is better, however its not clear to see what work, and what does not work in the newest svn,
since there are so many posts all the over place, maybe there is a better way to update problems with each release?
no not really. The way it currently is is pretty organised you can check what the devs did in the change and then comment on the code change in google code the problems. Just look there to see what hapened
Yeah, it looks like the latest builds are compiled on someelse's previous builds. Some games work while others don't. FFIV: The After Years works up to SVN 4603. Later builds make the game non-functional.
well for it to get fixed you have to report it too the devs on googlecode
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/list

You can report things for whatever revision you're using there and the devs will see it. As annoying as it is: When you use the latest SVN build, you're really doing it as a beta tester. Ultimately, the SVN isn't there so you can have the latest and greatest. It's there so when they update the code, you can tell them if it works the way it should on your machine. Sometimes when something major is done with the code, it breaks other things. The latest example of this is all the fiddling they've been doing with the DSP plugins. Each new build that focuses on DSP seems to work with some games and break others. If this stuff bothers you, then you should wait until the next "stable" build. Tongue

Oh and another thing that might help is if you're having problem with something with the emulator, then tag an issue on the google page. You'll get an email telling you when it's fixed Smile
Pages: 1 2