Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Sims Bustin Out Multiplayer NetPlay / Memory Card Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KamatsuKyoto

Hello guys,

I know its kinda crazy, but i want to play The Sims Bustin Out online with a friend thru NetPlay. The game is local only.

I've made some tests and was abre to run the local multiplayer on my machine with full speed. My friend was able too.

We were able to connect with each other and the game is aparently working, but the game freezes on the loading screen. On this loading screen the game is checking for the memory card, because each player need a individual memory card. Is possible that i've did something wrong with the memory card config and our memory cards are different, that is why the game is crashing.

Any tips? I need to create both memory cards on my machine and send them to my friend? There is a special config to guarantee that both memory cards are the same on both PCs?

Thank you.
You do need to manually make sure that your memory card is identical to your friend's, but the problem you would get if you don't do that isn't a crash but a desync.

If you have the dual core setting enabled, you might need to turn it off. When dual core is on, netplay uses a special dual core mode that is deterministic (which is required for not getting desyncs) but isn't compatible with all games.

KamatsuKyoto

(06-07-2018, 03:31 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You do need to manually make sure that your memory card is identical to your friend's, but the problem you would get if you don't do that isn't a crash but a desync.

If you have the dual core setting enabled, you might need to turn it off. When dual core is on, netplay uses a special dual core mode that is deterministic (which is required for not getting desyncs) but isn't compatible with all games.

So if was a desync the Dolphin would say to me that was a desync, not freeze the game, that's it?

I don't remember if i disabled the Dual Core option, gonna check it out.