Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screen tearing with multi-monitor setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not quite sure where I'd potentially put this though the aim was to file a bug report (Thought I'm not entirely sure if its dolphin relevant)...

Anyhow here goes:

My current PC setup is a TV (60hz) and a Monitor (144hz) duplicated, so they both show the same screen, this is useful for me if I want to watch a movie or game on the couch or whatever I'll just open the game, and switch spots (or just remote control in via my phone).

Now as you might think, this fucks up v-sync, it's duplicated and Windows 10 allows me to run my screen at the still smooth 144hz and somehow does something that allows it to also run a 60hz screen on the side without (seemingly) any side effects..

Games when run with vsync neatly map to my 144hz screen as its probably detected first or something, however I use dolphin mostly on the TV, which then experiences heavy tearing as it's probably trying to vsync with 144hz on a 60hz screen. Especially noticable on Metroid Prime (and I'd assume other games with vertical camera movement).

I know I might be one of the few with actually a setup like this but it'd help out if there was a option or a fix for this situation.

I'm thinking potentially a custom frame-limiter (limit to N fps)  (though it might not work as it wouldn't be real vsync anyhow, not entirely sure on that)
or allow selection of a monitor to vsync with instead of assuming "main monitor" or index 0.

My relevant setup:

Latest version of Window 10 Pro (updated regularly)

i7 6700k
16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 1080

iiyama ProLite GB2488HSU (1080p, 144hz, 1ms, monitor) - DVI connection
Samsung UE40F5000 (1080p, 60hz, presumably 5ms, Television) - HDMI connection
Did you enable the v-sync option in the Dolphin-settings? That did it for me (though I only use two monitors).
(06-05-2018, 03:57 AM)Shivatrix Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enable the v-sync option in the Dolphin-settings? That did it for me (though I only use two monitors).

Yes I did, I also tried without, both cause tearing (well the non-vsync one is a bit obvious)