Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed in Dolphin is too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I run the newest stable Dolphin version on Windows 10 (5.0) and I realized it's too fast. I noticed that especially with Super Smash Bros Melee. The speed in the settings is set "normal" and I tried to change the settings to solve this. I can slow down the speed in the settings, but problem then is that the audio slows down too. So my question: Is it a regular thing that Dolphin is faster than the original console or is it a specific problem?
Anyway, I would be grateful if someone had a solution to slow this down without slowing down the audio too.
What is your VPS/FPS percentage?
(06-03-2018, 11:47 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What is your VPS/FPS percentage?

FPS: About 60%.

Is it possible to limitate the FPS? I read this as a solution, but I couldn't find the right setting for this.
(06-03-2018, 11:44 PM)Shivatrix Wrote: [ -> ]So my question: Is it a regular thing that Dolphin is faster than the original console or is it a specific problem?

No, this is uncommon. I don't think I've heard of this problem before.

Do you have any cheats enabled for Super Smash Bros. Melee?
(06-04-2018, 12:20 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is uncommon. I don't think I've heard of this problem before.

Do you have any cheats enabled for Super Smash Bros. Melee?

No, there are no cheats enabled.
To be honest, I don't know if most people would realize. I needed some time to notice, too. But I played the original console very often, so I am quite sure, there is a difference in speed. Tried Smash Football too and I thinkĀ  there is the same issue. In smash Bros. Melee I realized that the charakters are faster in movement. Therefore i had some problems in game because it was a little faster than I was used to.
Ok, I think the problem is the scaling from 4:3 to 16:9. That seems to make the movement not very precise and makes it look faster.
Thanks for all your answers anyway!
Ah yeah, that would give the impression of characters moving faster than normally when they move sideways.
(06-04-2018, 02:39 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yeah, that would give the impression of characters moving faster than normally when they move sideways.

I guess there is nothing one can do besides playing in native resolution since the game originally was made for 4:3?
Which resolution you play in doesn't affect this, only the aspect ratio does.

There are ways to hack games to run at proper 16:9 even though they only were designed for 4:3. You can use Dolphin's built-in widescreen hack (but this usually gives you visual pop-in issues at the edges of the screen), or you can search the internet for AR/Gecko codes to use (not available for all games, but generally give a better result).
(06-04-2018, 03:15 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Which resolution you play in doesn't affect this, only the aspect ratio does.

There are ways to hack games to run at proper 16:9 even though they only were designed for 4:3. You can use Dolphin's built-in widescreen hack (but this usually gives you visual pop-in issues at the edges of the screen), or you can search the internet for AR/Gecko codes to use (not available for all games, but generally give a better result).

Ok, thank you for this advise. I will try this out when I have some time.
Pages: 1 2