Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stable Build, D3D Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey! New to the forum; someone posted a video of Auto Mobillista on Kotaku and it got me nostalgic.

Here's my question, and I searched and found nothing: I'm running latest Win 10 on 64-bit Intel CPU with a 32-bit OS (don't blame me, Microsoft is just stupid. long story.)

I've tried running both x64 and x86 versions of the program; the program starts, but on either try I get "FAILED TO INITIALIZE: D3D ERROR." It tells me I need DX10 (currently running DX17, I think), so I tried re-downloading and re-installing, this time telling it to install DX10; no go.

I tried Search and found nothing, and since nobody else seems to be having an issue, I'm not really expecting anybody to go out of their way to figure this out; but if you had this problem and figured it out, please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!
(06-03-2018, 01:20 AM)active_schuder Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!  New to the forum; someone posted a video of Auto Mobillista on Kotaku and it got me nostalgic.

Here's my question, and I searched and found nothing: I'm running latest Win 10 on 64-bit Intel CPU with a 32-bit OS (don't blame me, Microsoft is just stupid.  long story.)

I've tried running both x64 and x86 versions of the program; the program starts, but on either try I get "FAILED TO INITIALIZE: D3D ERROR."  It tells me I need DX10 (currently running DX17, I think), so I tried re-downloading and re-installing, this time telling it to install DX10; no go.

I tried Search and found nothing, and since nobody else seems to be having an issue, I'm not really expecting anybody to go out of their way to figure this out; but if you had this problem and figured it out, please let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!

There is no DX 17, it only goes to DirectX 12 at the moment Smile
But either way, the general response to issues like this is to try the latest dev version, but to do that you'll need to reinstall a 64 bit version of windows.
Sorry but you really need the 64-bit version of Windows 10. If you look closely, you can find ways to get it for less than 30 bucks. And if you look even closer, for much, much less than that Wink
(06-03-2018, 02:49 AM)Shadorino Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but you really need the 64-bit version of Windows 10. If you look closely, you can find ways to get it for less than 30 bucks. And if you look even closer, for much, much less than that Wink

He can actually get it for free from Microsoft´s site if he still has his key around.
If this person is using a Windows 10 tablet, which often come with the 32-bit version of Windows, then they might not be able to install the 64-bit version at all. There are tablets out there which only support a 32-bit UEFI, and thus cannot boot the 64-bit version of Windows.
You get both x32 and x64 on the same USB drive. Long story short, after several attempts, Win 10 refused to install x64, even when given the choice. The installer seems to refuse to recognize my 64-bit processor.
The 32-bit and 64-bit are both included with my OEM copy; it's not a matter of money. I installed several times on my "HTPC," and even given the option, Windows installs the 32-bit.
I'm running a desktop, with Intel X9550 and 4 GB DDR. It is Windows 10.
I'm running a legit copy from a thumb drive; I actually have two copies, one Home and one Pro, both with x64. I've got a gaming desktop with the Pro version installed (it's down, and I'm waiting on the PSU), and I'm running Home on this HTPC until I get my wares from NewEgg.

I'll try again on my gamer, but I don't think it's an issue. I keep DX updated, and my graf-x card is DX-compatible.
Are you trying to make a clean install on an empty drive?
Pages: 1 2