Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my laptop good enough?.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aarohan

Hello guys , I have downloaded Dolphin 5.0-7919 on my Windows laptop . I'm thinking about emulating Super Mario Galaxy 2 on it . Please let me know whether I will be able to do so with these specifications:

•Intel core i3 4030u , 1.9 GHz.

• 8 GB DDR3 R.A.M

• NVIDIA GeForce 830M , 2GB.

• Windows 10.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
Can you do it? Sure. Will it run well? Not really.

Aarohan

(06-01-2018, 11:30 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do it? Sure. Will it run well? Not really.

So it will not be playable?.
Do you reccomend trying to emulate Super Mario Galaxy 2 on this system?.
I´m afraid that your CPU won´t really cut it. Too slow. SMG 2 is very demanding.

Aarohan

(06-01-2018, 11:51 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]I´m afraid that your CPU won´t really cut it. Too slow. SMG 2 is very demanding.

What are some other Gamecube or Wii games that will be playable on my system?.
Super Mario Bros Wii

Smash Bros Melee

Smash Bros Brawl

Animal Crossing

Muramasa - The Demon Blade

I think Kirby's Air Ride is pretty easy, not sure.

I've seen Android users report that Symphonia runs okay-ish on shitty phones. I imagine on a x86_64 platform with proper GPU drivers, fewer thermal issues, and a more mature JIT, Symphonia probably runs fine.

Same with Super Mario Sunshine.

Aarohan

(06-02-2018, 01:57 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Bros Wii

Smash Bros Melee

Smash Bros Brawl

Animal Crossing

Muramasa - The Demon Blade

I think Kirby's Air Ride is pretty easy, not sure.

I've seen Android users report that Symphonia runs okay-ish on shitty phones. I imagine on a x86_64 platform with proper GPU drivers, fewer thermal issues, and a more mature JIT, Symphonia probably runs fine.

Same with Super Mario Sunshine.

Sad that I can't emulate the good ones.