Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Paper Mario 2 :-(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Juui

Hello, I have frame drops when i go into a warp pipe. The FPS are dropping to 3-5. And I have little sound lags on the overworld. I really need help with this Problem.[color=#ff3333] In this video you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U94LrD4Etno
[/color]

Juui                                                                                                  
This is because that part of the game hits a feature called bounding box which your hardware doesn't support the fast way to emulate that, so you have to use the slower fallback method. There isn't anything you can really do as far as I know. I thought the HD 7500 supported that, but if your framerate tanks during that effect, it clearly doesn't.

As for overall lag, that's because your CPU is clocked pretty low for being an older architecture, and your GPU is pretty dang old.

What may help the audio problems:

Graphics > Backend > Direct3D 11

Config > Audio > Enable "Audio Timestretching" - This will add some amount of audio latency. You may be fine with it.

Juui

(06-01-2018, 08:28 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]This is because that part of the game hits a feature called bounding box which your hardware doesn't support the fast way to emulate that, so you have to use the slower fallback method. There isn't anything you can really do as far as I know. I thought the HD 7500 supported that, but if your framerate tanks during that effect, it clearly doesn't.

As for overall lag, that's because your CPU is clocked pretty low for being an older architecture, and your GPU is pretty dang old.

What may help the audio problems:

Graphics > Backend > Direct3D 11

Config > Audio > Enable "Audio Timestretching" - This will add some amount of audio latency. You may be fine with it.

Ok, and the Buffer Size?
Not sure. You'll have to play around with it. Lower means less added latency. Try the default 80ms