Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cloud save syetem, help me configure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hardware:
1. Gaming PC
2. Surface Pro4 
3. Samsung S8* Android phone(low priority)  
4. PC Plex server (file storage?) 

I greatly want to be able to pick up where I left off in a game, when switching from system to system. 
I am a bit confused how I can set things to do this, setting up directory paths, and keep files compatible. 
I wanted to tell Dolphin to simply save everything to my "Onedrive" but I don't think I'm doing it right. 

Could someone please help me achieve this?

*the S8 would be nice to be in the loop... but I realize that may be too different from win10.
I did this for awhile using Dropbox as the medium. Note, I didn't try syncing the Wii NAND because I don't know if Dropbox can do incremental syncs, and the NAND is big.

1. I used mklink to create a Directory Junction from Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC to a folder in my dropbox.

2. I let it sync, then on my other PC, I made another Directory Junction, so essentially both PCs were linked to a synced folder.

3. GameCube normal saves were now synced.

Save States can also be synced but you'll need to make sure that you use the exact same revision of Dolphin on all machines. Just link Documents\Dolphin Emulator\StateSaves. And I have noooo idea if having different GPUs would break things on restore. I wouldn't think so but I don't know the graphics backends well enough to say.

Android can be synced with an app called FolderSync. Works with several different cloud services.

I don't know if any of this can be done with OneDrive.
(05-28-2018, 03:13 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]I did this for awhile using Dropbox as the medium. Note, I didn't try syncing the Wii NAND because I don't know if Dropbox can do incremental syncs, and the NAND is big.

1. I used mklink to create a Directory Junction from Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC to a folder in my dropbox.

2. I let it sync, then on my other PC, I made another Directory Junction, so essentially both PCs were linked to a synced folder.

3. GameCube normal saves were now synced.

Save States can also be synced but you'll need to make sure that you use the exact same revision of Dolphin on all machines. Just link Documents\Dolphin Emulator\StateSaves. And I have noooo idea if having different GPUs would break things on restore. I wouldn't think so but I don't know the graphics backends well enough to say.

Android can be synced with an app called FolderSync. Works with several different cloud services.

I don't know if any of this can be done with OneDrive.

I've been tinkering all day at this and making no progress.  
I have a bunch of current saves/etc on one "PC2", and it's in the Onedrive(I don't know how I got it configired there when I installed it years it ago.)
I re-installed dolphin on "PC1" but I don't know how the heck to get it to find the Onedrive files.   (I suspect some old install of dolphin is mixing things up, tho I did my best to uninstall it). 

I don't know what to do, how do I configure/change directories? Should I reinstall from scratch? Portable install?