Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Official Gamecube Controller Adapter not detected in Dolphin Hotkeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

JezzupWuzzup

I am referring to the Support Forum as a last resort. I have not found anything on Google that would solve my problem. I've tried using different versions of Dolphin, removing and reinstall the zadig drivers, and pretty much anything I can think of.

Dolphin detects the adapter in Controller Config, and I can use it in games just fine. But if I go into Options > Hotkey Settings and select the drop down only my Keyboard and Xbox Controller appear.

Dolphin: 5.0-7794-x64
Native GameCube Controller Support passes through the adapter directly to the game - it cannot be used for other features like hotkeys. It's as if you're giving direct control of the controller over to the game to get better latency and support.

JezzupWuzzup

(05-28-2018, 04:20 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Native GameCube Controller Support passes through the adapter directly to the game - it cannot be used for other features like hotkeys.  It's as if you're giving direct control of the controller over to the game to get better latency and support.

That makes sense. Could I use hotkeys on a Real Wiimote or would I need to emulate one? What if I wanted to use the Classic Controller?
Real Wii Remotes can't be mapped to hotkeys either (and that includes any extension controller connected to one, such as a Classic Controller).