Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin saves in-game, but loses the save upon closing the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jay Games

I will save in-game, and the save will take like normal. I can ctrl+R and reload that save as well as export the updated .gci file from the memcard manager. But upon closing the game, the save file vanishes (if new game) or will not update (if imported save file).

I've found a workaround by exporting the .gci file, closing the game, and importing the updated .gci file but that's a major pain to do every time I want to save.

Game's I have tried with: Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD Gales

The MemoryCardA.USA.raw file DOES update every time I save.

Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor/CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.70 GHz
Video Card/GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580
Memory/RAM: T-Force Delta II DDR4 16GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0-5681 x64 (RTC), 5.0 x64

EDIT: I think its resolved. I have no idea what fixed it, I changed the memory card settings every way possible and deleted/formatted/swapped them multiple times. It saves correctly now.
Does this also happen in the latest Dolphin dev build? And do you have full read/write permission for the Dolphin Emulator folder located in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents

Jay Games

(05-28-2018, 03:20 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Does this also happen in the latest Dolphin dev build? And do you have full read/write permission for the Dolphin Emulator folder located in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents

5.0-7794 also does not work. I should have full permissions, how do I check that?
Go to the Documents folder, right click on the Dolphin Emulator folder, and click on Properties. Under the Security tab, click on your username, and then make sure that all the checkboxes are under the Allow column
(05-28-2018, 02:52 AM)Jay Games Wrote: [ -> ]I will save in-game, and the save will take like normal. I can ctrl+R and reload that save as well as export the updated .gci file from the memcard manager. But upon closing the game, the save file vanishes (if new game) or will not update (if imported save file).

I've found a workaround by exporting the .gci file, closing the game, and importing the updated .gci file but that's a major pain to do every time I want to save.

Game's I have tried with: Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD Gales

The MemoryCardA.USA.raw file DOES update every time I save.

Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Processor/CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.70 GHz
Video Card/GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580
Memory/RAM: T-Force Delta II DDR4 16GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 5.0-5681 x64 (RTC), 5.0 x64

EDIT: I think its resolved. I have no idea what fixed it, I changed the memory card settings every way possible and deleted/formatted/swapped them multiple times. It saves correctly now.

Pokemon game, IF you ever used Savestates or Cheats... it's known to do that, even on the real console. It is to stop duplicating or cheating for Pokemon. 

Also, make sure to always use the latest and greatest dev-version of Dolphin.
(05-28-2018, 06:25 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Pokemon game, IF you ever used Savestates or Cheats... it's known to do that, even on the real console. It is to stop duplicating or cheating for Pokemon. 

That doesn't seem normal to me. The GameCube Pokémon games are known for refusing to let you save after using savestates, but I haven't heard of them allowing you to save but the save then reverting back once you close the game.
(05-28-2018, 06:34 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't seem normal to me. The GameCube Pokémon games are known for refusing to let you save after using savestates, but I haven't heard of them allowing you to save but the save then reverting back once you close the game.

true

Jay Games

(05-28-2018, 03:45 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the Documents folder, right click on the Dolphin Emulator folder, and click on Properties. Under the Security tab, click on your username, and then make sure that all the checkboxes are under the Allow column

Yeah I have proper permissions. I'm not sure what the problem was, I just switched over from my laptop to this new PC and imported all my .gci files. It's working now though.

(05-28-2018, 06:25 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]Pokemon game, IF you ever used Savestates or Cheats... it's known to do that, even on the real console. It is to stop duplicating or cheating for Pokemon. 

Also, make sure to always use the latest and greatest dev-version of Dolphin.

Only using save states, but not using them incorrectly so the game won't let me save. I don't think it cares about cheats either, I'd used one to access the e-reader room a few years ago and it saved fine after that.