Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin runs slower when I wake my computer up from sleep/hibernate mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title explains everything, when I wake my PC up from sleep mode for long periods of time (ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours) Everything I throw in at Dolphin causes some slowdowns until I restart my entire PC. What's the cause, and how do I work through it? (Note: I only run Discord, (occasionally Opera), and Throttlestop alongside Dolphin.)
Is this on Windows or Mac? Does this also happen on the latest dev builds of Dolphin?
Do you have Windows Power Options set to High Performance if Windows/the equivalent in Mac?
(05-27-2018, 12:51 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Is this on Windows or Mac? Does this also happen on the latest dev builds of Dolphin?
Do you have Windows Power Options set to High Performance if Windows/the equivalent in Mac?

I primarily use Windows 10 OS Build 1803 over macOS. This issue might be isolated from Dolphin, so it may not be Dolphin running slowly. Since BootcCmp doesn't come with other power plans,(Balanced is the only option), I run ThrottleStop as an alternative. The last time I tried Dolphin using macOS, everything performed the same from booting up, even when coming back from sleep mode.
Open the Settings app in Windows 10, go to System > Power & Sleep, and click on Additional power settings. This will open the Control Panel Power options. On the right side of the new window will be an option called Create a power plan. Choose that, click on the High Performance option, and name it High Performance. And now you have a High Performance power plan