Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can you recommend me a Wii wireless sensor bar that works on the PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on ebay trying to find a Wii wireless sensor bar that will work on the PC with the Dolphin/Dolphin VR emulator. Can you guys recommend me one from ebay that will definitely work on PC with the Dolphin/Dolphin VR emulator? Links please. Thanks.
Basically any sensor bar will work. (Just make sure that you don't buy a Mayflash DolphinBar unless you're sure that you want to use its integrated Bluetooth functionality, because its IR LEDs might not turn on otherwise. They also tend to be more expensive than normal sensor bars.)

For the record, Dolphin VR violates the license of Dolphin and we do not support it here.
To be fair you can even use 2 candles as long as they are spaced properly. basically any 2 inferred sources can be used if properly spaced and that spacing will depend on where they are in relation to your tv\monitor. Even 2 inferred LEDs a battery and some wire will work just fine on dolphin or your actual Wii.
I never got it to work with candles, so i can't recommend that solution. But if you already have the rest of the required hardware, wiimotes and a bluetooth receiver, it's worth a shot.

The DolphinBar is really nice, since you won't need a separate bluetooth receiver, and you won't have to mess around with drivers and software too much. If you get one, i highly recommend updating it to the lastest version and treating it carefully. The old software version had the IR blasters on, all the time, even when no wiimote is connected. This resulted in the IR blasters in my DolphinBar to burn out and which is why i use a different setup now.

I got a PowerA Wii U Ultra Sensor Bar now, and it seems to work great. You can adjust the distance of the IR blasters, which means you could use it for a bit higher than usual distance. I have only played twilight princess wii with it yet, but apart from it eating batteries like crazy, i got no real issues with it. You'd want 8 recharable batteries(low self discharge ones!) for this thing, 4 in use, and 4 lying around, so you can switch them, when the batteries run out after just a few hours. Oh, and you need to press a button on it every 2 hours, because it turns itself off after 2 hours. It does have a power input, but i haven't found any info about it, so i don't know what voltage it wants or which part wants + and which wants -, so i haven't tested any power adapters that i have lying around.
I've modded the original one to be powered off USB2 - took some resistors.

Jonney5

I found one on amazon that came with a USB plug. It otherwise looked exactly like the original one. Plug it in to your computer or your TV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M0XFYHE
On a bright day, I took a laptop outside and managed to point my Wii Remote at the sun. It WORKED!! Only somewhat though with almost no control on the position of the Wii pointer.
I just use a Wii Sensor bar that hooks up to a USB plug. It does the job perfectly for me and is identical to an official one (besides a slide bend from it being so cheap).