Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: System Freeze when Playing Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-28-2018, 04:56 PM)charadon Wrote: [ -> ]The drivers work perfectly on everything else though. And why does it crash at the spring? Why not when the first 3D graphics are rendered? What is it about that spring that crashes the system? I have no idea, all i know is that this only happens with twilight princess.

GPU drivers are pretty complex - it's not surprising that some 3d workloads hit bugs, but others work fine. Different scenes in games mean different things are submitted for rendering to the driver, so working in one scene doesn't always mean a different scene won't hit other bugs.

If you have a good repro case - maybe even a fifo that crashes - I'm sure the mesa guys would appreciate a good bug report. Then it's more likely to get fixed instead of having weird workarounds (like using a completely different driver stack in the case of amdgpu-pro)
Filing a bug report for the mesa drivers is a pain, due to how hard it is to find the error in question. I'll try to find out the error, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. =(
Pages: 1 2