Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin runs 50% slower than usual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mikomichael93

Just as the title says, need help.
It actually tells us nothing. Too many questions unanswered.

1-What games you´re trying to play?
2-Update to latest dev build. 5.0 is old as hell at this point.
3-After updating and testing, post screenshots of the settings you were using.
4-Is is still happening after using latest dev?
5-Is your CPU/GPU overheating?
6-Close any processes that you see are using too many resources using the Task Manager.

Considering your AMD CPU is pre-Ryzen I would expect certain games to be out of reach.

mikomichael93

(05-25-2018, 10:56 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]It actually tells us nothing. Too many questions unanswered.

1-What games you´re trying to play?
2-Update to latest dev build. 5.0 is old as hell at this point.
3-After updating and testing, post screenshots of the settings you were using.
4-Is is still happening after using latest dev?
5-Is your CPU/GPU overheating?
6-Close any processes that you see are using too many resources using the Task Manager.

Considering your AMD CPU is pre-Ryzen I would expect certain games to be out of reach.

1.Twilight princess,Wind waker, Fzero gx and metal gear solid twin snakes
2.I am currently using 5.0-7601
3. I am using the base settings but my backend is direct3D 11 and my vsync is turned on and i am using the 3xnative res.
4.Yes
5.No
6.Didn't help
my specs are
Amd fx 8320
r7 265
8gb ram 
The games were running just fine but suddenly it starts running really slower than usual when i got to hyrule field in twilight princess the game was 30 fps 99% of the time but now it's only 20-23 and running at 70% speed , same with all the other games

Sorry for my bad english
You should turn off VSync. It makes most games to run at half speed every time there are frame drops.

Try lowering your IR. For ZTP, you should check if the Hyrule Field patch is still enabled.

mikomichael93

(05-25-2018, 10:58 PM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You should turn off VSync. It makes most games to run at half speed every time there are frame drops.

Try lowering your IR. For ZTP, you should check if the Hyrule Field patch is still enabled
Thank you! i enabled the hyrule field patch and everything is working smoothly, and turning off the vsync provided fzero and metal gear  a fps boost