Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay in lan with low vps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

donadoni

Hello Friends. I have the lasted Dolphin version and I was play with my friends today.
When we play with 3 players in a local lan, it was good, but when we played with 4 players, the VPS was 30% until 50%.

Someone have an ideia how I can improve to 100%? Thanks

*I was play Bomberman Generations (GameCube).
Hmm, going from to 2 players to 3 or 4 players should double the network latency, while there shouldn't be a difference between 3 or 4 players. So when you have a netplay buffer setting works well for 2 players, you might want to double it, when going to 3 or 4 players. This is because Dolphin routes all inputs over the host instead of sending the inputs peer to peer. If the netplay buffer runs out, the game will lag, very badly. Generally, with netplay, when you get lag or performance issues, you want to try a high buffer, to check if the buffer size is the issue or if it's something else.

But you are saying that 3 players are fine and 4 are not. That is a bit weird. Maybe you have a weird, unusual high, latency between 2 specific players. You could try switching the host to see if if there's a "bad" host among your players.

donadoni

(05-27-2018, 11:46 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, going from to 2 players to 3 or 4 players should double the network latency, while there shouldn't be a difference between 3 or 4 players. So when you have a netplay buffer setting works well for 2 players, you might want to double it, when going to 3 or 4 players. This is because Dolphin routes all inputs over the host instead of sending the inputs peer to peer. If the netplay buffer runs out, the game will lag, very badly. Generally, with netplay, when you get lag or performance issues, you want to try a high buffer, to check if the buffer size is the issue or if it's something else.

But you are saying that 3 players are fine and 4 are not. That is a bit weird. Maybe you have a weird, unusual high, latency between 2 specific players. You could try switching the host to see if if there's a "bad" host among your players.

Thanks friend... I will try to do and let you know! Thanks again.