Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with error: GCI save file was not loaded because it is in the wrong region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LeapingLeafeon

I have been playing Wind Waker for the last two days without issue, tried loading it up to play this morning and all of a sudden I am getting this error: GCI save file was not loaded because it is in the wrong region for this memory card. Nothing has changed on my pc...

I still have the saved file, it is located in the Card A folder of my dolphin folder. I tried re-importing it through the memcard manager on dolphin, but when I try doing that, it gives me the error of "invalid length".

Is my save file corrupted? Is it saveable...? Really do not want to restart from scratch. I'm using Dolphin 5.0.

Edit: Any game I open actually gives me the same error: GCI save file was not loaded because it is in the wrong region for this memory card.
Edit2: Other errors that come up: "failed to initialize video backend!" "can't find a suitable pixel format!"
Does Fix Checksum do anything (idk what it does XD). If not you can try uploading to see if someone can fix it.

LeapingLeafeon

(05-24-2018, 01:30 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does Fix Checksum do anything (idk what it does XD). If not you can try uploading to see if someone can fix it.

Where is fix checksum?
Edit: Never mind I found it. My windwaker save doesn't show up in memcard manager though