Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any interest in implementing an "update" button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This way, if you want to update Dolphin but don't want to be asked every time it starts, you can simply press a button on the main UI and get to the update screen that shows the list of changes and asks for confirmation.  

The alternative now is to change preferences to daily updates, restart dolphin, make the updates and then change the preferences again.  It's not the end of the world but it seems like something that would make sense to have.  When I learned that dolphin had the ability to update itself, that is the first thing I looked for, intuitively.

Cheers, all.
I can get behind this. This would be a very nice additional feature.
(05-23-2018, 10:07 PM)themanuel Wrote: [ -> ]This way, if you want to update Dolphin but don't want to be asked every time it starts, you can simply press a button on the main UI and get to the update screen that shows the list of changes and asks for confirmation.  

The alternative now is to change preferences to daily updates, restart dolphin, make the updates and then change the preferences again.  It's not the end of the world but it seems like something that would make sense to have.  When I learned that dolphin had the ability to update itself, that is the first thing I looked for, intuitively.

Cheers, all.

I second this. I would make it a menu option though, most applications I know would have a "Check for Updates..." in their Help menu.

*Or um... Third this Tongue
The new manual update feature is fantastic and sensibly placed. Thank you!