Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kingn0rth

Hello, I am trying to play the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, but when I try to play it on any 5.0 versions of Dolphin, it freezes before I can get to the main menu. I want to play on the 5.0 version because it has the Hyrule Field Speed Hack to make the field load faster, something which 4.0 doesn't have
Can you try disabling dual core setting(under general settings)? I think it might cause issues in twilight princess, for example, when it's enabled, the game likes to crash when running without frame limit.

Kingn0rth

(05-24-2018, 01:23 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try disabling dual core setting(under general settings)? I think it might cause issues in twilight princess, for example, when it's enabled, the game likes to crash when running without frame limit.

Well, that was easy. Thanks for the help.
You might also wanna try the latest dev build.
5.0 is almost 2 years old now, countless improvements and fixes have been implemented since then.
I say "might", because it can be worse for you performance wise, considering your hardware.
One of those notable improvements, is Ubershaders. It removes the shader stuttering that occurs in many many games.