Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SheikahShroom

Whenever I try to boot Sonic Adventure 2 it always crashes. It's like the game doesn't even launch, just crashes. I'm pretty sure I don't have any wacky settings on or anything, and I have a decent PC.  

Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Have you checked your game hash?

SheikahShroom

(05-23-2018, 06:03 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked your game hash?             
What is a game hash? (As you can tell I'm not really tec savy)
A "hash" is a uniquely identifying piece of information. It's metadata typically composed of alphanumeric characters. It's like a "fingerprint" for a file in the case of MD5 hashes. Anytime you dump a commercial game from a disc, you can get the hash and compare it to an online database. This "fingerprint" should be the same as the one in the database (since every disc sold in stores should be the same).

To get the MD5 hash in Dolphin, right-click Sonic Adventure 2 in Dolphin's game list, go to Properties, click the Info tab, and hit the Compute button.

SheikahShroom

the game hash is literally the same...
The same as the one you found online (such as from redump.org?) Sorry if that's redundant, it just read like you expected the hash to change or something.

EDIT - Just for our reference, what hash did Dolphin display for you?

SheikahShroom

(05-23-2018, 12:24 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The same as the one you found online (such as from redump.org?) Sorry if that's redundant, it just read like you expected the hash to change or something.

EDIT - Just for our reference, what hash did Dolphin display for you?

Nevermind, the problems been fixed. Smile
(05-23-2018, 10:49 PM)SheikahShroom Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind, the problems been fixed. Smile

What did you do to fix it?