Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Red Steel has no textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The game seems to run with the music playing and the cursor being visible,  everything else is just black though.  I can kinda see some polygons here and there but all the textures are all black.  This happens in every backend.
Does this happen on both 5.0 and the latest development build? If it doesn't happen in 5.0, please try bisecting to find out which revision broke it, then hopefully it can get fixed. Obviously, make sure your dump is good too, either via the MD5 hash or using Dolphin's built-in tool for Wii disc integrity.
Seeing this and your other issues, it sounds like something may be wrong with your environment or there's been a bad regression somewhere in Dolphin.
I can never reproduce any of their issues in any of my available configs tbh

EDIT: And if they're not disabling SLI for Dolphin, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue for most of it.
No the sli issue is fixed and d3d11 is working now. These bugs like no texture in red steel and last story characters clothes being completely white are legitimate issues.
(05-19-2018, 09:04 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]No the sli issue is fixed and d3d11 is working now.  These bugs like no texture in red steel and last story characters clothes being completely white are legitimate issues.

Tried Red Steel on my system. Works here. Issue seems to be at your end.
1) Make sure that your dump is good.

2) Disable the Global User Directory with "portable.txt", if it works with default settings then delete the Dolphin Emulator folder in C:\Users\your name\Documents to start fresh:
https://fr.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...ble.txt.22

3) Try the latest NVIDIA drivers, which is 397.64 at the moment.
Clean remove your current driver with Display Driver Uninstaller before, in safe mode, which the pop-up window that asks you if you want to do it in safe mode is disabled by default. You have to enable it in the application and restart it.

4) Perhaps check for Windows updates. Version 1803 came out recently.

If all fails, then it could be a hardware problem.
(05-21-2018, 05:53 PM)Shadorino Wrote: [ -> ]1) Make sure that your dump is good.

2) Disable the Global User Directory with "portable.txt", if it works with default settings then delete the Dolphin Emulator folder in C:\Users\your name\Documents to start fresh:
https://fr.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/c...ble.txt.22

3) Try the latest NVIDIA drivers, which is 397.64 at the moment.
Clean remove your current driver with Display Driver Uninstaller before, in safe mode, which the pop-up window that asks you if you want to do it in safe mode is disabled by default. You have to enable it in the application and restart it.

4) Perhaps check for Windows updates. Version 1803 came out recently.

If all fails, then it could be a hardware problem.

If all fails... try to do a clean install of your Windows... As said before by others... we cannot seem to reproduce your bugs thus the issue is on your side.
Fwiw, pretty sure drhycodan mentioned doing a complete clean reinstall of Windows before in another thread, so I dunno what's going :/
It's not my end I remember it worked perfectly back when it was announced this game is finally playable. Yup, confirmed working perfectly with 5.0 5395. It's definitely a regression.
Ok the issue seems to be using ubershaders exclusively. The problem is fixed once I use regular shaders rather than ubershaders.
Pages: 1 2