Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My saves won't overwrite.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kittenlikescatnip@gmail.com

I had some pc problems a while back and had to reinstall windows. I backed up my gc memory cards. Reinstalled dolphin and selected those memory cards. I can access the save data but it won't overwrite the data. because of this, I lost a lot of progress and I don't like using save states. The game this happened on was Sonic Heros & on SpongeBob rotfd. I lost all my progress on the spongebill game but not sanic heroes since it was before the hdd was wiped, however, because of this i need to fix the issue before continuing. Is there a step i missed while configuring?

-------------EDIT-----------------

This issue has been fixed. What i did wrong was selected MemoryCardA.USA.raw for slot A and MemoryCardA.JAP for slot B. I guess it got confused since both files cards are titled "A". I guess if i want another one i'll make sure the file title says "B".
Did you copy the memory cards to the global Dolphin directory, or are they in another folder? Did you make sure you have full read/write permission for the global Dolphin directory (and the other if using a different spot)?

kittenlikescatnip@gmail.com

(05-16-2018, 09:46 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Did you copy the memory cards to the global Dolphin directory, or are they in another folder? Did you make sure you have full read/write permission for the global Dolphin directory (and the other if using a different spot)?

This is my gaming pc so of course I have admin permissions such as read and write. I saw this at another thread. I'm not gonna tinker with write permissions when nothing is wrong with permissions. This issue has been fixed and is up for others that have the same issue. It is a conflict between 2 memory cards with the same letter for the slot. It could be 2 memory cards in general. I haven't tried making a new one for slot B yet and titling it B. I'll kepkthis thread updated.