Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking for Dolphin 3.0-261 Dirty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cool985

Hi guys,
I recently had the urge to play zelda skyward sword again, but I realized i accidentally deleted my dolphin emulator "3.0-261 dirty" when I factory reset my PC. I used this specific version because I'm comfortable with it and could play the game with mouse and keyboard despite it being motion plus.

I've looked for the past 3 hours for a download link of this specific version on google and wasn't able to find it. The download links are either all expired or the wrong version as this is a 5+ year old version of dolphin emulator. I was wondering if anyone else had this version and would be willing to send it to me or could post a link/attachment so I can download it. Thanks for your time!

-Your fellow emulator Smile
You're just trying to use the old Emulated Wii Motion Plus builds right? I wouldn't waste my time with that. If you must, someone did update JPeterson's old work for 5.0+ -> https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...plus-build

Just be aware that we don't support unofficial builds, so you'll have to ask people in that thread for help.

Cool985

(05-14-2018, 11:26 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You're just trying to use the old Emulated Wii Motion Plus builds right? I wouldn't waste my time with that. If you must, someone did update JPeterson's old work for 5.0+ -> https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...plus-build

Just be aware that we don't support unofficial builds, so you'll have to ask people in that thread for help.

Hey Shonumi thanks for the reply!I tried using 5.0+ that i downloaded from that thread. and it didn't work for me, at least the way 3.0-261 dirty used to. I couldn't emulate the wiimote properly using the mouse and keyboard. I looked through the forum you linked and people in 2018 are still using dolphin 3.0 Jpeterson to play zelda skyward sword as it still seems to be the version people are most comfortable with. 

Was there any way someone could help me get that old version of dolphin? Every download link is taken down/expired. 
Your best bet would either be to get it directly from someone who has it or to find the source code (which must exist if someone managed to rebase it) and build that.
Big Thanks to Cool985! It's already years that I wanted this version, but I never found it before. Because of you, I just do another research & boom I just find a valid link:
[removed]

I don't know all the difference from this version 261 vs 410, but with the 261 you don't have message when you save or load a state. This is something that should be on the internet archive.

Enjoy!
Uuuummmm, that link is suuuuper shady... I'm just going to-

*waves her magic moderator wand*

There!
(05-20-2018, 07:07 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Uuuummmm, that link is suuuuper shady... I'm just going to-

*waves her magic moderator wand*

There!

Edit: After some search, I agree with you. I don't recommend it.
Finally, I don't have any problem with my link.

@ Cool985: I test the build 261. I don't know if you had the issues that I have:
-After some minutes ingame, I can't save or load a state & can't go in fullscreen (Alt + Enter). I need to restart the game.
-The aiming with the mouse is not perfect

So, I recommend to use the build 410.