Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Qt GUI font messed up and minor visual issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Qt GUI font has been messed up very recently. The majority of people won' see it, as it only effects people who used custom Windows font size, and speclty in bold.

I have increased the Windows system font size, and made it bold. Before in Dolphin, all texts were normal, but now some of them are using the system one, which I have set to bold. As much as I like bold, in Dolphin it should stay normal, because when you open the setting window when running a game that has specific options modified by their ini, it will be displayed in bold, so we can clearly identify them.

[Image: 9MAoYIr.png]

[Image: 6x6b7sU.png]

[Image: ZzbUvNW.png]

Also, a very minor visual annoyance, I didn't want to make a sperate thread for this. There's orange dots surrounding the game name in the game list when selected. See if you can do something about it spycrab, needless to say that it's not a priority :

[Image: 5uTEw5s.png]
Bumping
We definitely can't just ignore the font weight specified. So it's going to be a bit more complicated.
How did you manage to make it work before in 5.0-7254 ?
It was broken before. The font weight was not converted properly and was thus ignored.
Ok, I see. Si the text I'm seeing that is not in bold is actually not rendered properly ? The opposite would be the right way.
Down the road, when this is fixed, every text should be rendered in bold for me, then instead of showing in bold the automatically toggled ini settings, perhaps showing them in red would be doable ?
But this is fixed AFAICT.

This is how your font is supposed to look. You'll need a different font because we're not going to ignore font weight.
I'm using Segoe UI Bold. Not every texts are presented in bold as shown in the screenshots. I checked every menu, the only place where not everything is in bold is in the 4 tabs General, Enhancements, Hacks and Advanced in the Graphics menu.
Yeah, the mixture of font weights shown in the screenshots seems to indicate something is not handled correctly. Likely because things were only tested with non-Bold UI fonts.
Microsoft removed the possibility to adjust system fonts sizes and weights since Windows 10 1703.
At that moment programs emerged to restore this functionally, which is still accessible through the registry.
I use those 2 programs, which are made by the same people :

– Advanced System Font Changer
– System Font Size Changer
Pages: 1 2