Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my specs run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are my PC specs. I was wondering if my specs can run Dolphin pretty well. I've seen people play with the Ryzen 2200g running in 1080p with 60fps. So I'm not sure if I can do the same with the 2400g. So I was wondering if I can play Dolphin pretty well using the Ryzen 2400g. I was hoping I could run games like the LoZ: Collectors Edition, Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Twilight Princess GC/Wii, Skyward Sword, Metroid, Brawl, Project M, Melee,etc pretty well? Please note this is my first "Gaming PC" So I was wondering if anyone could please help me give me any info if my PC Specs are ok. Would I be able to run in 1080p using Hi-resolution texture mods too? Like for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, etc? "Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask."I have 8gb of memory, but my mobo can support up to 64gb of ram. I can always upgrade later. Sorry I'm still new to all this. Thanks!

Ryzen 2400g
Gigabyte ab350m-ds3h -64mb
Ballistix sport 8GB Memory
1tb HDD
Windows 10
(05-10-2018, 05:57 AM)Veren Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen people play with the Ryzen 2200g running in 1080p with 60fps. So I'm not sure if I can do the same with the 2400g.

The Ryzen 2400G is faster in every way than the 2200G, so if a 2200G has no issue then a 2400G certainly isn't going to either.

Nevertheless, some really demanding games may still not quite run at constant full speed however; refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik3zLdM25E0

Keep in mind that 2x4GB of RAM will make your integrated graphics perform considerably better than if you have only 1x8GB (and faster speed RAM will additionally help), which is particularly important if you enbable ubershaders.
(05-10-2018, 06:16 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]The Ryzen 2400G is faster in every way than the 2200G, so if a 2200G has no issue then a 2400G certainly isn't going to either.

Nevertheless, some really demanding games may still not quite run at constant full speed however; refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik3zLdM25E0

Keep in mind that 2x4GB of RAM will make your integrated graphics perform considerably better than if you have only 1x8GB (and faster speed RAM will additionally help), which is particularly important if you enbable ubershaders.

What do I need to play Skyward Sword and other Wii games on Dolphin using my Wii motes? Thanks. Smile Sorry for that. I'm still new to the site. I haven't been on in a year. So I don't know how to quote. Smile
(05-10-2018, 06:50 AM)Veren Wrote: [ -> ]What do I need to play Skyward Sword and other Wii games on Dolphin using my Wii motes?

Wii remotes are standard bluetooth devices, so you can connected them to your computer like any old bluetooth device and then Dolphin can then use them if you set its controller settings to "real wiimote".
(05-10-2018, 06:50 AM)Veren Wrote: [ -> ]What do I need to play Skyward Sword and other Wii games on Dolphin using my Wii motes? Thanks. Smile Sorry for that. I'm still new to the site. I haven't been on in a year.  So I don't know how to quote. Smile

For TLoZ:SS you need a Wiimote+ (or a normal Wiimote with a plus attachment; there is no way of playing this game without it), a (wireless) sensorbar and a Bluetooth module (preferably the one that is inside the Wii that you have adapted to connect to a pc (basically soldered a USB cable to the adapter)) and set up Bluetooth passthrough for the best way of playing