Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to resolve read address since 5.0 7060
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since the updated gui from around 5.0 7060 I've been getting this error when loading any game, wii or gc.  I've tried deleting the dolphin folder from my documents and even reinstalled windows to no success.
Probably has nothing to do with Windows. It's an error generated by Dolphin when an attempted read by the CPU can't be resolved into a valid address or something. Seems to have some relationship with cheats, so make sure all of that is disabled. Maybe try doing a portable.txt to see if using an absolute clean slate helps any.
What is portable txt and how do I use it? BTW I never enable cheats
(05-10-2018, 10:34 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]What is portable txt and how do I use it?  BTW I never enable cheats

A blank text file that you create where the Dolphin executable is. It will make Dolphin create new folders and settings in the same location the executable is. 

It´s used to take misconfigurations out of the equation if the user is having issues.
Creating a portable.txt will make dolphin ignore any settings you've changed previously.

Edit: ninja'd
Doesn't deleting the dolphin folder from my documents do the same thing?
You won't know until you try. I haven't used Dolphin on Windows in a long time, but it might be possible that there are folders or data in other locations besides My Docs? I dunno, but try the portable.txt method just to be 100% sure.
(05-10-2018, 11:49 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't deleting the dolphin folder from my documents do the same thing?

Yeah. But, doing it also erases all of your game saves and any other content in the process.
Making a blank txt in the dolphin folder seems to do nothing. Also the wx version works but I have to take out 1 of my video cards or I get horrible flickering with black horizontal lines. Disabling sli does not help. On 5.0 7056 it worked fine with sli enabled. It seems I only get the read address error with the qt build.

CriticalHit

(05-10-2018, 04:15 PM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Making a blank txt in the dolphin folder seems to do nothing.  Also the wx version works but I have to take out 1 of my video cards or I get horrible flickering with black horizontal lines.  Disabling sli does not help.  On 5.0 7056 it worked fine with sli enabled.  It seems I only get the read address error with the qt build.

You need to make the blank txt file named "portable.txt". I have the same problem and making this helps. So the problem something in the settings. But it's not that easy to find it since I make a lot of changes.
Pages: 1 2