Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extremely Heavy Stutters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a problem about MKW. I can't find the thread for MKW, not even using the search function, so I'm posting here.

MKW is experiencing extremely heavy stutters for me. It happens everywhere in races and almost always at the finish line or start of a new lap. Stutter can get up to about 1s to 1.5s each, making the game sometimes unplayable.

Now that's using the default settings. There's the ubershaders, the new awesome feature right? Well, first of all, compiling one of these takes forever, even longer than it takes Cemu to compile its shaders. Then, after the horribly long compilation, the stutters don't even go away. The places that stutter still stutter. So what's the point of ubershaders?

I've also tried ignore shader compilation. Same results.

So what's going on here?
Are you using any Gecko codes? There has been a regression that leads to stuttering when they're enabled.
I am (Changing characters between races), so I just played some races with cheats off. It doesn't make a significant difference, but it reduces stuttering in races a little (might just be my imagination), but the new lap/finish line stutter is definitely there. I've also tried Synchronize GPU thread (which says prevents random freezes, and it doesn't) and VSync.

pumax

I have been having this exact same issue
(05-08-2018, 02:59 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using any Gecko codes? There has been a regression that leads to stuttering when they're enabled.
This actually seems to work for me. Disabled cheats in the config menu. I've done a couple worldwide races now and at most there are like .02 long stutters, which dont bother me at all. Thank you.
I still hope this bug is listed somewhere
(05-08-2018, 03:57 AM)unknown394 Wrote: [ -> ]I am (Changing characters between races), so I just played some races with cheats off. It doesn't make a significant difference, but it reduces stuttering in races a little (might just be my imagination), but the new lap/finish line stutter is definitely there. I've also tried Synchronize GPU thread (which says prevents random freezes, and it doesn't) and VSync.
Sad to hear that. Hope you find a solution.
Maybe it has to do with GPU settings? I'll try messing around in the NVIDIA control panel

Edit: didn't seem to find a setting that solves this issue.