Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FEATURE REQUEST: Remember Last Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a long list of games in my Dolphin menu. It would be really handy if there was an option to allow the GUI to remember which game was last played and then highlight that game on next boot up. It's a little tedious to scroll through all those GC, Wii, VC and WW to get back to the last game I played... I know, I know - First World problems!
Fwiw, you can hit the Play button (the sideways triangle) and Dolphin will start the last game you launched. This is true of the Wx version at least. I haven't tried the new Qt interface.
(05-08-2018, 02:26 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Fwiw, you can hit the Play button (the sideways triangle) and Dolphin will start the last game you launched. This is true of the Wx version at least. I haven't tried the new Qt interface.

I think that was removed a while ago.
Okay so my info is outdated.

But why remove it? It was a perfectly reasonable and convenient feature. Made sense in terms of UI design and didn't clutter up any menus. Definitely ought to be in the Qt interface. I can't imagine maintenance would be a problem going forward.
I don't remember the exact details, but it wouldn't work especially cleanly after the boot process was redesigned a bit.
Any links or additional info would be appreciated. I might look into it.