Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desync error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. Me and my family want to play mario party 9 and everytime we start the game it gives a desync error everytime. Is there any way to fix this because im tired of this problem. Sometimes it works (rarely) and sometimes it doesnt. Is there a easy fix to this? If there is then can i get the steps? Thanks!
What exactly is the error?
(05-07-2018, 05:51 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is the error?

Its something like this: desync error there is no way to recover from this
Have you tried disabling dual core?
(05-07-2018, 07:07 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried disabling dual core?

yes i have and it still doesnt work. 
is there anything i can do to fix this problem?
Probably not the ideal solution, but if you really are playing with your family, and assuming you're all in the same house, you could always play on the same PC instead of using netplay. You'd all want your own USB controllers or something like that, but that would work without any syncing issues.

Other than that, take another look at the netplay setup guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
(05-07-2018, 08:41 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not the ideal solution, but if you really are playing with your family, and assuming you're all in the same house, you could always play on the same PC instead of using netplay. You'd all want your own USB controllers or something like that, but that would work without any syncing issues.

Other than that, take another look at the netplay setup guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/

no we are playing using netplay but it wont allow us to play without giving that desync error. I tried everything and nothing has worked. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this problem?
Quote:no we are playing using netplay but it wont allow us to play without giving that desync error.

Yes, I know you're trying to do netplay. My suggestion is that if everyone who wants to play is physically near you, you could just play emulate multiplayer normally. E.g. 2-4 people using your computer, just that everyone has their own controller configured. It's not ideal like I said, but it is one way to workaround the issue.
(05-07-2018, 08:49 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I know you're trying to do netplay. My suggestion is that if everyone who wants to play is physically near you, you could just play emulate multiplayer normally. E.g. 2-4 people using your computer, just that everyone has their own controller configured. It's not ideal like I said, but it is one way to workaround the iswell alri
well alright. I guess when they come over we can do that. Thanks anyway.
Pages: 1 2