Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where are the ingame save files on my laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Just a quick question. I want to know where the ingame saves files are on my laptop... I used to saved using the emulation and save files but it crashed alot and corrupted games. So, I found that just using the ingame saves works better. But now I need to know, where is it located on my laptop?
For GameCube games: C:\Users\(user)\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC - sorted by region. If you just play north american region games or NTSC, it'll be in USA. PAL is EUR.

Wii is stored on emulated NAND so I'm not sure how useful that'll be to you, but C:\Users\(user)\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii
(05-06-2018, 11:35 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]For GameCube games: C:\Users\(user)\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC - sorted by region. If you just play north american region games or NTSC, it'll be in USA. PAL is EUR.

Wii is stored on emulated NAND so I'm not sure how useful that'll be to you, but C:\Users\(user)\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii

Alright. Can you tell me where in Wii? There is so many files...
(05-06-2018, 11:40 AM)SugarRoses Wrote: [ -> ]Alright. Can you tell me where in Wii? There is so many files...

You can right-click any title/game in Dolphin's list of your games (if you are using the directory search function of Dolphin) and click on "Open Wii Save folder"
Or else you can locate the directory at "C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\User\Wii\title\"
The title can be a folder called: "00000001" for e.g.

To add a folder to be scanned for Wii/Gamecube games each time you open Dolphin, go to "Config" then in the "Settings" window go to the "Paths" tab and click "Add" to add a directory.
Once you do that, any game you want to access the Wii saves for, you can just right click it and "Open Wii Save folder".