Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game properties LLE setting uses LLE Interpreter instead of LLE Recompiler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When DSP HLE is set globally, and in a game's properties the audio emulation is set to LLE, it is LLE Interpreter which will be used instead of Recompiler. Which will result in a big performance loss.

I discovered this last year by playing Pikmin (NTSC). This game requires LLE, and even with an i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz and a GTX 980 @ 1400 MHz I struggled maintaining 30 fps in some areas.
Now I didn't know how to check what version of LLE Dolphin was using (and still don't), so I instead monitored the maximum framerate with the "disable emulation speed limit" hotkey.
(05-06-2018, 07:37 AM)Shadorino Wrote: [ -> ]When DSP HLE is set globally, and in a game's properties the audio emulation is set to LLE, it is LLE Interpreter which will be used instead of Recompiler. Which will result in a big performance loss.

I discovered this last year by playing Pikmin (NTSC). This game requires LLE, and even with an i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz and a GTX 980 @ 1400 MHz I struggled maintaining 30 fps in some areas.
Now I didn't know how to check what version of LLE Dolphin was using (and still don't), so I instead monitored the maximum framerate with the "disable emulation speed limit" hotkey.

I don't think there is much work left on the HLE part of the DSP, AFAIK Pikmin should be absolutely fine with HLE...
(05-07-2018, 04:11 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is much work left on the HLE part of the DSP, AFAIK Pikmin should be absolutely fine with HLE...

According to the wiki it still has sound issues:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Sound_Bugs
Yep, I just tested it and the sound issues are still there.