Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Qt GUI font size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the Qt GUI is in place now, I noticed that the main text doesn’t use the Windows system font, like Wx.

I don't know what it's called, but it's the kind of font that used to be adjustable along with scaling in the control panel, that was removed in Windows 10 1709, but still accessible via third party software.
I always switch the system font to bold and increase the size.
I have a 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor, and bad eyes even with glasses on. I used to have Windows scaling set to 150 %, but moved to 175 % recently, but still need to increase system font size.

Would it be possible to change the font behavior of the Qt GUI, so that it can use the Windows system font system instead like the old Wx GUI ?
Or perhaps a setting within Dolphin itself that manages font size.

A couple years ago I got in touch with the guys who make MKVToolNix to ask them the same thing, they had a complete GUI make over, but the font size was very small on a high-resolution display as opposed to the older GUI.
They implemented the font size setting in the next update after that. But I have no idea if it would be as easy to do with Dolphin. Don't know anything about coding.

As usual I'm posting this in General Discussion, feel free to move it elsewhere if it doesn’t belong.

Here's screenshots of the Qt and Wx GUIs.
You can note that the menu and game list font is bigger and bold, meaning it's using the Windows font system.

Qt 1

[Image: 40Kg8JA.png]

Qt 2

[Image: 8y225AS.png]

Wx 1

[Image: KbBz2oe.png]

Wx 2

[Image: 2DH0Ojx.png]
(05-06-2018, 07:11 AM)Shadorino Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to change the font behavior of the Qt GUI, so that it can use the Windows system font system instead like the old Wx GUI ?

Yeah that is planned. Definitely possible and not very difficult so expect that to be fixed in the next week or so.

Edit: Actually had time for it earlier than expected https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6761.
Big Grin  Fantastic ! Thank you.
Merged and part of Dolphin as of 5.0-7254 (https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/26b...d70066091/)