Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Textures not registering in 5.0 Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Kingdestiny

So I'm currently trying to implement Inazuma Eleven Strikers 2013 small translation menu graphics. They have basically a little setup file they created themselves that is essentially a one click button to make everything install where its supposed to with the correct serial number. They only thing I had to do was go into settings and turn on load custom textures. However they simply just don't happen. There's even mutliple youtubers who made tutorials where they are using identical dolphin versions. They do the exact same thing. And theirs loads up fine.

I have no idea what is causing these files to fail to load. They are basic menu translations to just put the main menu buttons in english.

If you've had any experience with this I'd sure appreciate the help I'm at a complete loss.
Did you actually place the texture pack where it should be? Most of the time it´s better to do all the process manually.

Kingdestiny

(05-05-2018, 11:00 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually placed the texture pack where it should be? Most of the time it´s better to do all the process manually.

Ya it's in documents/dolphin emulator/loads/textures/{game id}. and like I said other people were using the same thing and it loaded right up for them. So I'm not sure where the disconnect is. I'd show you pictures as well but there wouldn't be much to show. There isn't and error. It's named the serial code of the game. The custom texture box is checked in settings. I'm using the newest version of dolphin. I have a working game. I have no idea where I went wrong. I've tested other versions of dolphin. I tested 32x vs 64bit. I tested turning off all the enhanced graphical settings. I tried turning the texture buffer to accurate over fast. Nothing did anything. I 100% know these textures are working. And they are the right format.

I will say as well that I'm not completely new to this. I've actually translated and inserted things myself before into emulators. I know exactly how this works and have done tons of things just like it. This one has really stumped me. Everything SHOULD be working just not sure why its not. I was hoping that someone else using dolphin in particular has run into this error and if there was some type of rare error occurrence that might be something someone wouldn't normally think of.
(05-05-2018, 12:20 PM)Kingdestiny Wrote: [ -> ]Ya it's in documents/dolphin emulator/loads/textures/{game id}. and like I said other people were using the same thing and it loaded right up for them. So I'm not sure where the disconnect is. I'd show you pictures as well but there wouldn't be much to show. There isn't and error. It's named the serial code of the game. The custom texture box is checked in settings. I'm using the newest version of dolphin. I have a working game. I have no idea where I went wrong. I've tested other versions of dolphin. I tested 32x vs 64bit. I tested turning off all the enhanced graphical settings. I tried turning the texture buffer to accurate over fast. Nothing did anything. I 100% know these textures are working. And they are the right format.

I will say as well that I'm not completely new to this. I've actually translated and inserted things myself before into emulators. I know exactly how this works and have done tons of things just like it. This one has really stumped me. Everything SHOULD be working just not sure why its not. I was hoping that someone else using dolphin in particular has run into this error and if there was some type of rare error occurrence that might be something someone wouldn't normally think of.

So it says it is loading the custom textures in the yellow OSD at the start of the game? If so, then the higher textures are loaded correctly. Next step in increasing your internal resolution to higher than 1x, because... well... otherwise you won't have the extra pixels for it to show the better textures and dolphin will not overlay them on top of the original textures.
(05-05-2018, 03:07 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]otherwise you won't have the extra pixels for it to show the better textures and dolphin will not overlay them on top of the original textures.

To be more correct, Dolphin will display them instead of the original textures, but you won't really be able to see that they're more high-res.

Kingdestiny

(05-05-2018, 03:07 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]So it says it is loading the custom textures in the yellow OSD at the start of the game? If so, then the higher textures are loaded correctly. Next step in increasing your internal resolution to higher than 1x, because... well... otherwise you won't have the extra pixels for it to show the better textures and dolphin will not overlay them on top of the original textures.

It says loading custom textures and than 0 in 0 seconds. Also it's not a high res texture pack. Its an english texture pack that changes some of the graphics from japanese. So you'd notice right away even at lower internal resolutions. But I do have it set at 4x.

One thing I think might be possible is that the pictures are named in the old file format. I have no idea how to convert them to the new file format tho. The images contain the game ID. I saw the new way is that they are suppose to contain the img dimensions in the name.
(05-05-2018, 03:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To be more correct, Dolphin will display them instead of the original textures, but you won't really be able to see that they're more high-res.

I'm just curious about how this exactly is done: It actually never loads in the original textures but loads the texture packs instead?
(05-05-2018, 11:46 PM)Kingdestiny Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I think might be possible is that the pictures are named in the old file format. I have no idea how to convert them to the new file format tho. The images contain the game ID. I saw the new way is that they are suppose to contain the img dimensions in the name.

If the game ID is in the file names, then yes, the texture pack is in the old format. The latest development version doesn't support it at all, but if you're using the stable 5.0 version, there's an INI option that lets you enable texture pack naming conversion. I don't remember what it's called, though...

(05-05-2018, 11:47 PM)mstreurman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just curious about how this exactly is done: It actually never loads in the original textures but loads the texture packs instead?

Dolphin always loads the original textures. It then hashes the original textures, and if it finds a matching custom texture, it will render graphics using that custom texture instead of the original texture. So while all the original textures get loaded, the ones that have matching custom textures are never rendered.

Kingdestiny

(05-05-2018, 11:56 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If the game ID is in the file names, then yes, the texture pack is in the old format. The latest development version doesn't support it at all, but if you're using the stable 5.0 version, there's an INI option that lets you enable texture pack naming conversion. I don't remember what it's called, though...

Dolphin always loads the original textures. It then hashes the original textures, and if it finds a matching custom texture, it will render graphics using that custom texture instead of the original texture. So while all the original textures get loaded, the ones that have matching custom textures are never rendered.

Thank you a lot. That was the issue. I was trying to force the development build to do the texture conversion using the same INI setting. I wasn't aware it was completely removed. I went back to dolphin 5.0 base and used the ini tweak and it does indeed work now. It doesn't actually 100% convert the files tho. It does it sort of "on the fly". Is there a way to get it to permanently edit the names of the real files so that I can drop those back into the latest development build?

Nevermind. I see whats happening here. It is permanently editing the file names. But only as they are encountered within the game. I guess I'll just have to play the game a lot in dolphin 5.0 before I can get every texture converted and than dropped into the newest build.

Melino19

(05-06-2018, 02:56 AM)Kingdestiny Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you a lot. That was the issue. I was trying to force the development build to do the texture conversion using the same INI setting. I wasn't aware it was completely removed. I went back to dolphin 5.0 base and used the ini tweak and it does indeed work now. It doesn't actually 100% convert the files tho. It does it sort of "on the fly". Is there a way to get it to permanently edit the names of the real files so that I can drop those back into the latest development build?

Nevermind. I see whats happening here. It is permanently editing the file names. But only as they are encountered within the game. I guess I'll just have to play the game a lot in dolphin 5.0 before I can get every texture converted and than dropped into the newest build.

How did you solve it? I tried with the GFX.ini but I do not have the "ConvertHiresTextures" thing. I tried adding it manually but it did not work. Since I'm having the same problem you had and on the same game... Could you help me please?
Pages: 1 2