Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "select a file to load" showing off all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cavalcadeur

I'm new here. Sorry if I'm posting this at the wrong place, if this has already been answered elsewhere or if my english is not perfect.

So... I don't really know how to name the issue but basically whenever I click somewhere on the dolphin main window, the pop-up window "select a file to load" shows up. In some cases it's absolutely fine I can manage to do what I want because when a game is running the problem just disappear. But often (mostly when right-clicking) the pop-up window itself opens another pop-up window when I click on it even if I want to close it, another "select a file to load" appears.

I don't know if it's clear enough. Maybe I did something wrong , the issue appeared after I decided to change the game directory.
What version of Dolphin are you using? If it's not the latest master, try that.
Try creating a portable.txt next to your Dolphin executable and see if this fixes the issue.

If not, could you note the steps required to reproduce your issue (incl. adding folders and everything)?

That would help a lot.