Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The disc could not be read at (Enter a lot of mumbo jumbo here)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have gotten dolphin 5.0 just a few days ago, and I worked on getting a wii game on a flashdrive to test it out on (I used the wii ripping method, in case that is important).

But when I launched the game from the directory, (I set it to my flashdrive) I get a black dolphin screen that says "Dolphin DSD video Backend", and a warning message that says "The disc could not be read at..."

(Clicking OK just brings up the same message with different numbers)
(And, if I click it enough, it says "Invalid read/write from [more mumbo jumbo] PC=[Mumbo Jumbo], which repeats a lot as well)

(I tried re-ripping the game, but nothing changed.
I also used older versions, but they also didn't work, mostly because a different problem.)

Please help.
How large is the ripped file that you're running in Dolphin?
(04-29-2018, 10:43 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]How large is the ripped file that you're running in Dolphin?

4 GB.
Also, it seems to be split into part 0 (a really large file),
and part1 (only 330-400 MB)

EDIT: (My flash drive has 32 GB of space, so I am not missing files because of lack of space)
You need to join the two files in order for it to work. The Dolphin wiki describes how to do it: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...plit_Files
I can't use the CD command to change directory to the flash drive
Found out how to change drive, but when I used the command, It created a new "game" (which wasn't suppose to happen?)

Did I miss something? (The game still is has the same problem
I think I figured it out. I guess I wasn't suppose to close the terminal until it said something.
It says it doesn't have enough space to fit it all in one file. Does that mean I must move it to the computer?
FAT32 has a 4GB limit for files. Wii games are bigger than 4GB. So yes.
Ok, I got it to work (tho, I really would have liked it on a flash drive)

Thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 2