Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how much resorce does a wii game requier ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all

I'm new to the forum.

I'm thainking about swaping my games to pc but I want to know how much resorces wuld a game like modern warfear use ?
What are your actual specs for your computer? Like, CPU and GPU model numbers (ex: intel i7-4770 and Nvidia GTX 1050)
if your talking about size of the isos your wii will make
1.5GB for gamecube games
up to
9GB or so for bigger Wii games Xenoblade is 8.something if I remember right.

Dolphin can do some compression for you to save space if you need to.
He is almost definitely not talking about sizes, but just to set the record straight:

All GC games that aren't multi-disc are 1.36GB
All single-layer Wii games are 4.38GB
All dual-layer Wii games are 7.93GB

These are the sizes Dolphin shows anyway; your file explorer might give you slightly different sizes due to rounding.
my pc is a beast..

No I already do know about game sizes

And corect dvd ar 4 and 8 rufly

I'm conserned if i can run ther game just that if my pc will beabul to run all my other insainly seys req programs.
(05-01-2018, 04:22 AM)motion Wrote: [ -> ]my pc is a beast..

No I already do know about game sizes

And corect dvd ar 4 and 8 rufly

I'm conserned if i can run ther game just that if my pc will beabul to run all my other insainly seys req programs.

So, then your computer shouldn't have any issues playing Wii games, except for maybe the most demanding since they are not even able to run reliably on the extremest of the extreme machines.

But since my Crystal ball broke I am unable to say for certain that is why we really do need to know at least your CPU and GPU.
ahhahh .. I'm not asking what I can run ! I wanted to know how much resorces a wii game normaly takes up so I can calculat how much other heavey programs I can run wiel playing the wii...Mainly cuz I can custimize beader zapers/wiimote's for games.

I guess I'll just buy a light bar for my pc or just use the wii one. Does seam like a wast of electricity thow.
There are certain things for sure: two of your CPU cores will max out at 100%, your GPU must use High Performance mode to avoid stuttering (or if you want to try higher IRs than 1X).

Oh, and rarely it will use more than 1GB of RAM (unless you´re prefetching an HD texture pack for specific game(s)).
(05-04-2018, 08:27 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]two of your CPU cores will max out at 100%

Not necessarily. If the GPU thread is just waiting on the CPU thread then they won't both be at 100%. Or if your GPU is slow and takes forever to do things.
hmm wow.
I didnt thaink the stoke wii had that much power.
But I have a 3.5 6xamd, 16gb ram and 4gb nvedia gpu.
Pages: 1 2