Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lexiferhdmi

I am currently playing Twilight Princess and am new to Dolphin and emulating in general. About an hour in it got really laggy and I dropped frames and the sound got really choppy. So I switched from OpenGL to D3D11 with my Radeon RX 580 and switched the resolution to 1080p. Once I did this it wouldn't load the title screen but when I loaded the saved file slot it looked beautiful and lagged no more. The only issue is that text wouldn't appear while talking to someone, the start menu was black, health and other button controls were missing, etc.

Does anyone know a fix to this? I tried changing up settings based on other people's recommendations and all it did was mess everything up so bad, I just erased dolphin and my saved data.

Also may be thinking the possibility of the issue could be caused by not having an updated OpenGL?

Wondering if I should start anew or try out the CEMU TP HD.

Thanks for all of your help!
Your profile says you're using 5.0. Try something newer from one of the development builds. 5.0 is getting close to being 2 years old now, and a lot of stuff has changed.

However, TP should be fine in 5.0. Are you playing the Wii or GC version?

lexiferhdmi

(04-29-2018, 12:26 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Your profile says you're using 5.0. Try something newer from one of the development builds. 5.0 is getting close to being 2 years old now, and a lot of stuff has changed.

However, TP should be fine in 5.0. Are you playing the Wii or GC version?
I apologize I messed that up. It is 5.0-7106. And it is the GC version.

I have updated the OpenGL driver and am able to open it up in 1080p but I am scared once I get to the spider/cave part it will happen again.

Thank you for your time.
As long as you don't touch the settings while playing, you should be fine. The defaults are what's recommended, and Dolphin loads per-game settings from its own .ini files.

lexiferhdmi

(04-29-2018, 01:01 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you don't touch the settings while playing, you should be fine. The defaults are what's recommended, and Dolphin loads per-game settings from its own .ini files.

Thank you!