Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MemeFarmer

I just downloaded the most recent version of Dolphin, but whenever I go to load a game it says that the memory card is corrupted. It asks whether I would like to format it and when I say yes says that it is unusable, and won't even let me play the game without saving.
I've been trying to find this error on google or youtube, but I haven't found a solution that's worked for me yet. I've tried setting the memory card folder to the GC folder, the GC -> USA -> Card A folder, and the folder where I'm storing the actual files of my game. I tried deleting the "MemoryCardA.USA.raw" file to see if it would create a new workable one. It just recreates it and is still unusable.
I've gone to Tools -> MemCard Manager (GC). I tried clicking on the "MemoryCardA.USA.raw" file but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with it. I tried doing convert to GCI but that didn't work either. I really want to be able to play these games, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong in trying to save these files. Has anybody else had similar issues that they were able to solve?
(04-28-2018, 01:24 PM)MemeFarmer Wrote: [ -> ]It asks whether I would like to format it and when I say yes says that it is unusable, and won't even let me play the game without saving.

Are you sure that you're pressing A and not B? (I know this question is a bit silly, but it happens surprisingly often.)

MemeFarmer

(04-28-2018, 04:38 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that you're pressing A and not B? (I know this question is a bit silly, but it happens surprisingly often.)

...  Sad

I've been playing a GBA emulator recently and the A and B configurations are the reverse of this. Thank you!