Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is There A Way To Add A Turbo Option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if it's possible to have Dolphin with a turbo option, as I can't find anything in controller or hotkey settings.
Hold down the tab button on your keyboard. If your computer can handle it, it will run as fast as it can
It's called "Disable Emulation Speed Limit" in the Hotkey Settings if you'd like to change it.
I don't mean that, I mean a button that you press down can, let's say, rapid fire constantly with a weapon that can normally shoot only one or two bullets at a time with each button press.
(04-26-2018, 07:02 AM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean that, I mean a button that you press down can, let's say, rapid fire constantly with a weapon that can normally shoot only one or two bullets at a time with each button press.

That's likely impossible to do in a "general" way - as each game manages that sort of thing in it's own code. So any tweaks like that will likely be game-specific, and more fall under 'cheat codes' than an emulator feature.
I mean, a feature can be implemented to rapidly press a button on hold or a toggle or something.

But the UI implementation of that with our current controller config would be a pain and the code to actually make that work would also be a huge pain. Especially if it runs into the same historical problems we had with frame advance hotkeys haha
You can just use Autohotkey (https://autohotkey.com/) if your in windows to create a controller side turbo. AHK can boyh intercept and send out keyboard and gamepad inputs and you can rig up your "turbo" to be a single button\key, a combo, make a toggle for it, or really customize it however you want.

Or you could buy a controller with a built in turbo function too for the easiest setup.