Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker Crashing Forsaken Fortress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kappadar

I'm using dolphin with DSP LLE recompiler, Audio Backend: XAudio2.

I'm playing at 30 fps, (idk how to change it) and every time the cutscene at the very end of Forsaken Fortress starts, it just crashes just as it shows the boat getting to my body in the water. Just a black screen, and the fps counter stops. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried updating windows, getting to it with the no audio fix, and not using save states. Still nothing. Not sure what to do anymore.
That's odd, that problem should be fixed if you have all the latest Windows updates... But as a workaround, you can ask Dolphin to make a compressed copy of the game, and it will probably work.

Kappadar

(04-26-2018, 03:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's odd, that problem should be fixed if you have all the latest Windows updates... But as a workaround, you can ask Dolphin to make a compressed copy of the game, and it will probably work.

Does it matter if I only very recently updated my windows 10, and started playing from a memory card save after downloading the most recent dolphin version? Like, if the save was done in the old windows 10 and then I started playing from that same save after updating. Also, how can I ask Dolphin to make a compressed copy of the game?

Quick Edit: Found how to compress it. Compressing the ISO to GCZ, and will report back if it works.
(04-26-2018, 03:34 AM)Kappadar Wrote: [ -> ]Does it matter if I only very recently updated my windows 10, and started playing from a memory card save after downloading the most recent dolphin version? Like, if the save was done in the old windows 10 and then I started playing from that same save after updating.

No, it doesn't matter. I'm not sure if you can have problems after loading an old savestate, but loading an old memory card save is not a problem.

(04-26-2018, 03:34 AM)Kappadar Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how can I ask Dolphin to make a compressed copy of the game?

Right-click on the game in the game list and select "Compress ISO..."

Kappadar

(04-26-2018, 03:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's odd, that problem should be fixed if you have all the latest Windows updates... But as a workaround, you can ask Dolphin to make a compressed copy of the game, and it will probably work.

Oh my god it worked. Oh my godDDDDDDDDDDD I've been stuck on that cutscene not starting for 2 years.... Thank you man hahahahaha. All I had to do was compress the ISO and update windows. Thank you so much man. It means a lot. I hope I won't encounter any more problems.