Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheClues

Hi,

Games are not loading for me - I am constantly getting 3 errors in this order:

1) Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF
2) SetupWiiMemory: Can't create setting.txt file
3) Fifo shutting down while active

I suspect it's something to do with Dolphin not being able to write to the c:\users\myname\documents\dolphin emulator folder. No files are ever created in any of the folders in there, no matter if I choose a default ISO location, set a controller config or bespoke game config etc.

I'm running Dolphin in administrator mode, and I've kept trying to untick that dolphin emulator folder from being "read only" but it defaults back to "Read Only (Only applies to files in folder)

Anyone hit this issue / know the solution?

Thanks

TheClues

Managed to solve this - so posting in case anyone else hits the problem. I am using Bitdefender, and it was blocking the Dolphin App from saving anything into that folder. 

The component to change in Bitdefender is "Safe Files" - You need to tick the Dolphin.exe application to "Allowed" under Application Access.

Once done - all works fine.

ThisIsLucidity

Made an account to say that this did the trick for me. Other fixes found via Google didn't work, it was as simple as allowing the program in BitDefender's Safe Files - Application Access.

Cheers!

recrem86

replying to this in case anyone else has this problem

i had the same problem as above, as well Dolphin wouldn't save game directory location, controller configs, or any game saves

i don't use bitdefender, i have win10 so i checked around in windows security and under Virus & threat protection, theres Ransonware protection, it "protects files, folders, and memory areas on your device from unauthorized changes by unfriendly applications". this was turned on, i turned it off and Dolphin started working again, Dolphin can now save game dir locations, and controller configs, no more errors when loading games

The Chef Boo

You just have to delete Dolphin.ini in your Documents folder after backing it up just in case you mess up. Then reboot dolphin. No messing with firewalls is required.
Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Closed.