Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Controller configurable, but not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ken11

Hi there Smile

After searching for an hour, I could not find any solution (and I hope I am not just being stupid), so onto my first forums post.

So, I tried playing Baten Kaitos on Version 5.0 (stable) and 5.0-7062 (dev) with an wire-connected Xbox-Controller (the Oculus one, ergo a 360, likely)

I can configure the Xbox-Xontroller as it should be, but ingame, I can hit buttons as much as I want, nothing happens. While using the Keyboard Setting, I can play normally.

Bug exists in both Version.

Thanks a lot!

Ken11

(04-22-2018, 10:04 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Which one of them?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?s...fulltext=1

Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean Smile

Surnis

(04-22-2018, 10:42 PM)Ken11 Wrote: [ -> ]Eternal Wings and Lost Ocean Smile

I have the same problem. I used to use dolphin 4.0, were the controller worked fine, but it crashed often. So today, I changed for 5.0. As a bonus, I now could see the full intro in samurai jack, were there was previously black screens. So that seemed better, but at the press start screen, nothing happens when I press anything, even though all buttons on my xbox 360 controller work fine in the configure controller screen.

At first, I had tried 5.0-7081, and deleted it to try the stable 5.0 after that, but it did the same thing. One thing that worries me is that even though I deleted 5.0-7081, when I installed 5.0, the controller set-up page was ALREADY filed with my previous inputs. Where was that stored? I deleted the whole file! Even clearing everything and inputting again doesnt correct anything. 

I haven't yet tried re-installing 4.0 to see if it will work as it used to. I fear it won't, if the inputs again magically transfer over... 

I tried two games, Samurai Jack and Mystic Heroes. I'm pretty sure it would do the same with all the others too. 

Surnis

(04-23-2018, 06:56 PM)Surnis Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem. I used to use dolphin 4.0, were the controller worked fine, but it crashed often. So today, I changed for 5.0. As a bonus, I now could see the full intro in samurai jack, were there was previously black screens. So that seemed better, but at the press start screen, nothing happens when I press anything, even though all buttons on my xbox 360 controller work fine in the configure controller screen.

At first, I had tried 5.0-7081, and deleted it to try the stable 5.0 after that, but it did the same thing. One thing that worries me is that even though I deleted 5.0-7081, when I installed 5.0, the controller set-up page was ALREADY filed with my previous inputs. Where was that stored? I deleted the whole file! Even clearing everything and inputting again doesnt correct anything. 

I haven't yet tried re-installing 4.0 to see if it will work as it used to. I fear it won't, if the inputs again magically transfer over... 

I tried two games, Samurai Jack and Mystic Heroes. I'm pretty sure it would do the same with all the others too. 

For some reason, when I opened 5.0 one last time vefore uninstalling and trying 4.0 again, it worked fine today. I hope it stays that way. 

Ken11

(04-24-2018, 11:56 AM)Surnis Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, when I opened 5.0 one last time vefore uninstalling and trying 4.0 again, it worked fine today. I hope it stays that way. 

gz, sadly, that didn't happen with me (hopefully, yet)